This here post, is my 100th post for Offbeat On-point and it has been a ride. I have to be honest, I have not spent much (any) time thinking about doing anything particularly special for this post.
I feel like maybe this would be a good time to let y’all in on my some details of my master plan(1).
Steps towards “The Vision 1.0”:
I plan to start making stickers of my comics. I’ll start a test run this summer trading stickers in person for schwag (things we all get) and rides, however due to my living situation(2) I won’t be able to mail stickers until October. Eventually I’d like to make t-shirts and a line of emoji and other stuff.
I am semi-actively looking for freelance or reoccurring or even better a recurring writer. I have plenty of stock ideas and am open to pitches for Mystery Monday and Rewind Wednesday, and I’m not sold yet but I’d be willing to open up Funny Fridays to pitches. I cannot offer you pay however I can write you one hell of a recommendation letter(3) and some free stickers (when available). If you are good at doing social networks (really could use a hand with twitter in specific) or feel like there is some other skill you could offer me, feel free to contact me.
This is not a joke. I am determined to get “Fin and Louie” on the ballot for the American Presidential Election in 2020. I must clarify, I (as in the writer/artist) am not running for the presidency but my creations, Fin and Louie, are. There is historical precedence for this in the United States(4) and after the 2016 election results I’ve been inspired to start the “We Could Do Worse” Party(5). However we need YOUR help. If you Believe in the Fin or want to Follow Louie, whenever you see a political post somewhere on the internet post in the comments #finandlouie4president2020 #ibelieveinthefin #followmelouie #wecoulddoworse use all of them or one but the most important one to get traction is #finandlouie4president2020 and feel free to link to the comic too. That will help understanding I am sure.
Overall I’m interested in building more of a relationship between us here at OBOP and you, the reader. If you have ideas, suggestions, or anything please feel free to leave comments below.
Thanks for sticking with us for 100 posts and we hope to see you here in 100 more posts!
Also, don’t forget to check back in this Wednesday for the Press Release of Lady J and Paleface new music Video Link’s Arousing!
- I read somewhere that a successful business is not grown on potential but vision. If you exhibit a vision and give people, consumers and employees, a reason to believe in what you’re doing you’re more likely to build the kind of loyalty that nurtures relationships versus royalty-loyalty. Though I guess that’s easy to say at this point when this a one-man show running on stolen time.
- I’ve been accepted into Lancaster University as a degree seeking student however in order to renew my visa, I must return to the United States. For normal people this wouldn’t be much of a problem however as I am a hobo (DO NOT mistake my kind for bums, being a hobo means that one works to travel and travels to live; we earn our living and our way along the road we walk) I don’t have a home to go back to in St Louis. So I plan to fly to San Francisco and walk the beach, looking for stories, adventure, and work while killing time until October. This as you can imagine, does not afford the luxury of a set mailing point or address which would facilitate my sending stickers to you but when I get back to uni, I’ll have three hots and a cot again (probably, honestly haven’t looked into housing for next year but I’m not worried).
- I’m very excited at the prospect of getting to use the word “mogigraphia” in a recommendation letter.
- See Mickey Mouse Party and the Cthulhu Party, in fact I supported Cthulhu in 2016.
- Name isn’t set in stone, we could also name it the “Fin or Louie? Why Not Both?” party or “The Re-Tweeters” or “Team Not-Trump” or “It’s Just Politics, How Hard Could It Be?”, honestly were open to suggestion.