Good morning my lovely reader or at least it is still morning where I am and it is a beautiful one.
I have announcements for my regular readers, however they’re pretty general so everyone is invited to stay for a moment.
This week, as my regulars can probably guess, has been a confusing and busy one. Now that I’m at the cap of the week and have had a moment to construct my thoughts I feel that I should say a few things.
As you may or may not know, I’m a student who is trying to study abroad in England for the up coming scholastic year and I am at the climax of the bureaucratic leg of this dramatic journey. I sent off my student visa application and am pending approval. Regardless of where I take classes this year(1), I have already begun working ahead and have the rest of the year’s worth of Monday posts worked out so that you can keep getting quality (at least I, think this is quality) posts every Monday and I can focus on Friday posts and life at large (see footnote 1).
This is the projected schedule:
5th Sept – 24th Oct
- A 7 part review of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series in 8 parts à la débandade or in the style of Adams, both translate the same
31st Oct (Halloween)
- Ocean at the End of the Lane by Gaiman
- All the Pretty Horses by McCarthy
- wherever I end up taking classes this term, I believe I will be in midterms hell by this point. I will likely take one of these weeks off an the other will be something relatively light hearted.
5th Dec (Louie’s Deathday!) – 2nd Jan 2017
- Remember the “SURPRISE” from Nov 14th?
As for Fridays? I’m still in the formative phase of this blog and I believe Mondays are good book review days so when ever I have a book review, it will be Monday. However since this blog was never intended to be exclusively a literary blog, I wanted to keep Fridays more flexible.
I’ve been watching a lot of classic movies in prep for this class I signed up for in
England called “Literature in Film”, which I am obnoxiously excited for, and almost all of them are based on books so I might do a Flicks Friday thing, however I haven’t read/don’t (yet) own all the books to these movies. Though I might do movie reviews and have a book counterpart review later when I do read the book. I’m also working on a film/book juncture essay examining the confluence of two story telling mediums and maybe proposing where one can learn from the other or even form a new hybrid genre. It’s a really big idea that I’ve been wrestling with for a few months now, so no promises when that will be finished but it is an aspect of storytelling that interests me.
I’m also working on a graphic novel, but very slowly, and I’m toying with making more comics in the Fin & Louie cannon (I have a birthday comic for Fin, 23rd Sept) so I might make Friday Funny however ultimately right now I’m just spit balling ideas and will for the moment keep Friday Formless so I can do what ever I want.
If you have any suggestions, comments, concerns, book/movie recommendations, well wishes, etc feel free to leave a comment below. I’m pretty open to suggestion however suggestions are subject to discretion. No ideas are bad ideas. Unless they’re bad ideas. I trust your judgment.
- Due to lots of complicated factors, I am fully prepared for my visa application to be rejected and in which case I have a lot of work to do (find new housing, late registering for classes [then catching up in said classes], and possibly find another job) in a very small amount of time (depends on how long it takes to get the results back but if nothing else I need to be in a new housing situation or on a plane by Oct 1st and have to have begun late registering for classes if necessary by Oct 1st, so like at best I have 3 weeks but probably closer to like 5 days).